[xmonad] Issue with screenlocker obscured in background after display change

Ethan Schoonover es at ethanschoonover.com
Mon Jan 16 18:30:05 UTC 2017

Peter, thanks for the reply on this. I was testing further to see if I
could mitigate it and have to provide some further information. I
don't really know if this will let XMonad off the hook or if it in
fact reveals a edge case issue:

I realized that my screen switching script (which is triggered on udev
events) included an "xmonad --restart" as xmobar was failing to
reposition properly. I removed the restart from my script and the
windows no longer appear in front of the screen locker.

I still find it to be interesting/strange that a restart with titlebar
decorations has different effects than restarting XMonad without
titlebar decorations.

I'm happy to submit an issue for this, though I realize that it's a
weird edge case if even that.

Cheers,
Ethan
Ethan Schoonover