[xmonad] Can avoidStruts stop working?

Dave Macias davama at gmail.com
Fri Mar 4 14:32:46 UTC 2016

I tried adding `dockStartupHook` to `myStartupHook` but no change. so i
moved it to `main` with still no change. So then i tried both location but
nothing different, avoidStruts not working.

how it currently looks in my xmonad.hs file:
[code]
(....... (setLayout =<< asks (XMonad.layoutHook . config)) >>
docksStartupHook)
myStartupHook = do
docksStartupHook
main = do
, startupHook = composeAll [
myStartupHook
, docksStartupHook
[/code]

Just to reiterate, xmonad 0.12 from GIT allows me to reset the layout but
avoidstruts does not work.
Same xmonad.hs code but w/o docksStartupHook under xmonad 0.12 from
haskell, still allows me to reset the layout but also respects docs
(avoidstruts) if and only if I reset the layout (mod-shift-space) on all
"visible" workspaces after an xmonad start/restart. "Non-visible"
workspaces seem to work fine, avoidstruts works when spawning a window
client; as does reset layout.

My understanding is that GIT is now the "darcs" version of xmonad (aka
development version). That being the case, I can live for now under haskell
xmonad with the annoyance of (mod-shift-space) upon xmonad start/restart.
It's no biggy. I'll deal with it once GIT gets pushed to haskell (unless we
abandoning haskell).

Hope all this makes sense.

Thanks again for assistance,
-Dave