[xmonad] kill -STOP/-CONT hack

Paul Fertser fercerpav at gmail.com
Mon Jun 20 07:47:55 UTC 2016

Sorry for the slow reply,

On Wed, Jun 15, 2016 at 01:04:30PM +0200, Adam Sjøgren wrote:
> > I can add another datapoint here: it works with Firefox on my machine,
> > but the exact config and firefox version will be available only later
> > today, when I get back home.
>
> Cool, that would be fun to see.
>
> (I'm on 45.2.0)

I've seen a report that 47 doesn't work but I haven't tried it myself
yet (I'm in the middle of a system upgrade so I can't even say what
version worked for me). I've tried with starting gqview, moving it to
my stoppable workspace, then switching to that workspace and back and
after 5 seconds gqview was stopped, ps output showed T status.

Here's the relevant part of my config:

layoutHook = modWorkspace "stop" (ModifiedLayout (Stoppable "S" 5 Nothing)) $ reflectHoriz $ layoutHook defaultConfig
XMonad.workspaces = map show [1..8] ++ ["stop"]

(full config attached)

That's with xmonad 0.11.1.

mailto:fercerpav at gmail.com