[xmonad] XMonad.Promp.Shell matching function

Adam Sjøgren asjo at koldfront.dk
Sun Jun 12 21:37:42 UTC 2016

I would like shellPrompt to match anywhere in the command, not only from
the beginning.

E.g. if I have a command called "run_icesocial", I would like that to
appear if I type "icesoc", rather than having to type "run_" first.

It looks like XMonad.Prompt.Shell.commandCompletionFunction is the
function to modify:

  commandCompletionFunction :: [String] -> String -> [String]
  commandCompletionFunction cmds str | '/' `elem` str = []
                                     | otherwise      = filter (isPrefixOf str) cmds

Changing isPrefixOf to isInfixOf I would guess - does that sound right?

Is there an easy way to "override" that function from my xmonad.hs?

If not, would it be reasonable to make it configurable, so e.g. you
could put in a fuzzy matching function, or something even weirder? (I'll
give that a go, if so.)

  Best regards,

    Adam

--
 "Sunday morning when the rain begins to fall                 Adam Sjøgren
  I've got the cure for it all"                          asjo at koldfront.dk