[xmonad] How to run xmonad from development repository

Adam Sjøgren asjo at koldfront.dk
Sun Jun 12 16:09:02 UTC 2016

I am trying to get back into fixing the border colormap stuff¹ that I got
half way through last year².

I am wondering - still being new to this - how to efficiently do
development of xmonad.

What I did previous was to rebuild Debian packages with my changes,
installing them, and then "xmonad --recompile" and restarting xmonad.

That is quite cumbersome, as Debian has dependencies between the X11
code, X11 xft and xmonad, so there is a lot of rebuilding just to
realize that I made a(nother) mistake.

How do you run xmonad from a cloned git repository and do a
change-compile-run cycle efficiently?

Is there a way to point "xmonad --recompile" at my local repository, or?

  Best regards,

    Adam

¹ https://github.com/asjo/xmonad/commit/e7d0e004d0a1acfd1ff149eaabf274fe2519c4fc
² https://github.com/xmonad/X11/pull/35

--
 "Close the door to it all                                    Adam Sjøgren
  A crash and a fireball                                 asjo at koldfront.dk
  If that feels good
  This is the end"