[xmonad] Xmonad: Get NSP Workspace

Dave Macias davama at gmail.com
Wed Jun 8 16:18:30 UTC 2016

Hello xmonad!

Recently i change myWorkspaces from strings to numbers to be able to use
the dice font in ppCurrent/Visible. (it's pretty cool)

Formerly myWorkspace was defined as so:
*--myWorkspaces = ["1","2","3","4","5","6","7","8","9"] ++ ["NSP"]*
Now:
*myWorkspaces = map show $ [1..9] ++ [0] -- 0 is the NSP ws*

Everything has been working fine. The only issue is in my keybindings.
specifically in CycleWS.

So i have some keybindings as so:
* , ((mod, xK_Up), windows . W.greedyView =<< findWorkspace
getSortByIndexNoNSP Next HiddenNonEmptyWS 1) -- move to next WS non NSP*
*...*
*...*
*where*
* getSortByIndexNoNSP = fmap (.namedScratchpadFilterOutWorkspace)
getSortByIndex*

So, if i understand this correctly, "namedScratchpadFilterOutWorkspace"
doesnt work because the "name" of the workspace is now the number "0" when
it formerly was the string "NSP".

How can i get the keybinding to work when i've changed the NSP workpace
name to an actual number?

Please let me know if more info is needed.

Thank you in advance.

-Dave