[xmonad] Mouse focus without entering window

Daniel Wagner dmwit at dmwit.com
Sun Jan 31 20:26:39 UTC 2016

You should be able to do this with the `handleEventHook` [1], for which the
`MotionEvent` [2] is the appropriate event to handle. You should be able to
use `focus` [3] on the `Window` contained in the event to focus the window
the mouse is currently over. Caveat emptor, this advice is entirely
untested -- no idea what odd corners there are, or even whether it will
work (e.g. I vaguely recall that xmonad used to ignore motion events in
some circumstances; I don't see that in the code now but I wouldn't be
surprised if it were still the case somehow).

~d

[1]
http://hackage.haskell.org/package/xmonad-0.12/docs/XMonad-Core.html#v:handleEventHook
[2]