[xmonad] Yet another fullscreen thread...

Brandon Allbery allbery.b at gmail.com
Fri Jan 22 06:43:04 UTC 2016

On Fri, Jan 22, 2016 at 12:46 AM, Daniel Wagner <dmwit at dmwit.com> wrote:

> It should be possible to find out what geometry the window is asking for.
> You could use that to decide whether the requested geometry is "big enough"
> to put full-screen or not. From looking at the source of `doFloat` in
> xmonad-core, I would guess `liftX . floatLocation` will give you the
> requested geometry in a `ManageHook`-friendly way.

fwiw I tracked down a problem with my xmonad.hs to an apparent bug in this
which probably plays into the various reports of fullscreen windows having
the wrong size when the default borderWidth is nonzero. Haven't looked at
the code yet, but be aware that you may need to add 2*borderWidth conf to
both height and width to get the correct window size.