[xmonad] Yet another fullscreen thread...

Thomas Järvstrand tjarvstrand at gmail.com
Thu Jan 21 09:30:19 UTC 2016

Hi!

I'm a happy xmonad user since a couple of years now. Previously I managed
to successfully set it up the way I wanted under Ubuntu using Gnome2 but
recently I decided I wanted to try something new and installed xfce
(xubuntu), under which I'm having some trouble setting the fullscreen
functionality which for some reason was working flawlessly under ubuntu
14.04.

I have problems getting fullscreen applications to work. Specifically
showing media. I have been able to apply the workaround to float VLC but
it's a bit annoying since I don't always want to have it fullscreen all the
time and I haven't been able to find a good way of switching back and
forth. In old Ubuntu 14.04 setup this was just working. In there any other
way to solve this than the doFullFloat for VLC?

BR
Thomas