[xmonad] Multiple Screens

Peter Jones mlists at pmade.com
Tue Feb 2 21:53:19 UTC 2016

Christian Solje <csolje at gmail.com> writes:
> I am trying to get my 3 monitor setup to work with independent
> screens, I am also trying to have the xmobar to show on every screen
> that I got.
> How should I go about getting it to work?

What do you mean by "independent screens"?  Are you talking about
XMonad.Layout.IndependentScreens or your physical monitors?

As long as the X11 Haskell module was compiled with Xinerama support
then multiple monitor support works out of the box.  The default
behavior is to allow each monitor to display a workspace independent of
what the other monitors are displaying.

XMonad.Layout.IndependentScreens allows you to change that behavior to
match that of dwm's.

  https://hackage.haskell.org/package/xmonad-contrib-0.12/docs/XMonad-Layout-IndependentScreens.html

As for three copies of xmobar, I believe you just need three
configuration files specifying where each bar should be displayed and
then start three copies.

--
Peter Jones, Founder, Devalot.com
Defending the honor of good code