[xmonad] Server status script

Iñaki Malerba inakimmalerba at gmail.com
Fri Sep 25 15:46:56 UTC 2015

Good morning.

First of all, this is my first message and English is not my native
language so patience, please.

Im trying to write a script for my xmobar to show my server status. Its
mainly a physical server and 2 virtual machines.

I tried by sending ping and checking the response, but the xmobar freezes
everytime its executed until it finishes the run.

How can I fix it?

Thanks in advance !

*checkserver.sh*

#! /bin/bash
> paping -p 81 -c 1 host.no-ip.org > /dev/null 2>&1
> if [ $? -ne 0 ]
> then
>     VM0=0
> else
>     VM0=1
> fi
> paping -p 82 -c 1 host.no-ip.org > /dev/null 2>&1
> if [ $? -ne 0 ]
> then
>     VM1=0
> else
>     VM1=1
> fi
> echo "here should say something acording to the result"

*.xmobarrc*