[xmonad] What to do without Google Code

Francesco Ariis fa-ml at ariis.it
Fri Mar 13 23:35:30 UTC 2015

On Fri, Mar 13, 2015 at 10:38:53PM +0100, Joachim Breitner wrote:
> you might have heard the news: Google Code is going to shut down:
> http://google-opensource.blogspot.de/2015/03/farewell-to-google-code.html
>
> So we’ll have to start looking for an alternative bugtracker.

Hi Joachim,
    there have been some messages stemming from a previous thread [1]
(which I almost lost due to unrelated title, so maybe for archive-cleanness'
sake the discussion could continue on this one?). A recap of the questions on
the table:

    - Where to relocate the bug-tracker?
        Mentioned: - hub.darcs.net (supports darcs, forks, issues)
                   - github.com (ubiquitus)
                   - phabricator.haskell.org (used by GHC)

    - Should xmonad switch from darcs to git/mercurial?
        Mentioned: - no (darcs is clear and easy)
                   - yes (git attracts more contributions)
                   - let's make a git mirror

    - What about our patch review system?
        Mentioned: - phabricator.haskell.org (GHC, more structured)
                   - leave it as it is, patches/discussions in the ML (crude
                     but working and with a clear review history)
                   - leave it as it it + something to monitor the ML, like
                     darcswatch (closed now!) or Patchwork (used by lkml/git)

Hope I didn't mangle other people's thoughts that much!

[1] http://mail.haskell.org/pipermail/xmonad/2015-March/014628.html