[xmonad] How can I cat a pipe when screen is frozen? (If that makes sense)

Kay Li kayli at uchicago.edu
Thu Mar 12 21:54:35 UTC 2015

Hey everyone,

I posted the same question to the Arch Linux forums (see here:
https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?pid=1509943#p1509943, no response),
but I have a problem where XMonad occasionally freezes and only the current
window responds to keys and mouse clicks. I looked this up on the Xmonad
FAQs, and apparently it's caused by a full pipe that I need to cat (
https://wiki.haskell.org/Xmonad/Frequen … _frozen.21). However, this is a
bit hard when the window that responds to keys is not a terminal. Is there
a good fix for this? Also, if anyone knows what logs I should check for
this problem in the future, that would be helpful as well.

Thanks in advance,
Kay Li