[xmonad] RFC: XMonad.Prompt.ConfirmPrompt module

Carsten Mattner carstenmattner at gmail.com
Wed Mar 11 12:05:06 UTC 2015

On Tue, Mar 10, 2015 at 7:33 PM, Antoine Beaupre wrote:
> On 2015-03-10 14:17:15, adam vogt wrote:
>> Antoine,
>>
>> You've done enough (I've recorded a patch and put it into contrib).
>>
>> Next time you could follow:
>> https://wiki.haskell.org/Xmonad/xmonad_development_tutorial which goes over
>> how to record a patch.
>
> I admit I was scared to get into darcs again. :)

I don't have a problem with Darcs myself but I'm open to change
my mind regarding Mercurial or Git migration even though
I was against it the last time it was suggested here.

If a migration happens it should host the git repo on git.haskell.org,
googlecode.com (where the issue tracker is) and wherever else,
but a Github monoculture is dangerous and a crazybad idea.
Fossil does it right with integrating tickets and docs in the repo
but implementation details are not ideal. Github culture removes the
D in DVCS for monetary and Facebook'ish lockin reasons
and it's bad for everybody but Github.com shareholders.

Do we know how many contributors were put off by Darcs to not
submit a patch and should do migrate or Mercurial or Git?