[xmonad] xmonad Digest, Vol 96, Issue 3

Alexander Genaud alex at genaud.net
Mon Mar 2 05:30:54 UTC 2015

Or, if x.x.B already has meaning (bugfix release), then rc (release
candidate) notation would serve a similar purpose:

0.12.5-rc1 ==> 0.12.5 (bugfix release)
0.13-rc1 ==> 0.13 (major/minor release)

I think the difference is EVERY Java release must be a supported standard
target. Xmonad has local, but no global, critical child dependencies. One
would never recommend that a general user compiles bleeding edge Javac for
any real work -- yet that's what some Xmonad-ers have recommended for two
years.

If 0.12.3 exists, but is not considered stable, then 0.12-rc3 or 0.12b3
would seem more appropriate.