[xmonad] Vanilla Xmonad distribution

Alexander Genaud alex at genaud.net
Sun Mar 1 21:36:44 UTC 2015

Thanks again guys. I had some trouble with cabal-install dependencies on
Mint, but would prefer stable packages anyway. Mint/Mate is now stable as
long as I'm willing to start with 'xmonad --replace &' in a terminal after
login. Xmonad from XDG/Login might be possible (with first two files below)
if I start up a session manager and a bunch of utilities (in third file); I
haven't tried. I would like to try with LXDE.

# apt-get install xmonad libghc-xmonad-contrib-dev libghc-xmonad-dev

==> /usr/share/xsessions/xmonad.desktop <==
[Desktop Entry]
Name=XMonad
Comment=Lightweight tiling window manager
Exec=xmonad.start
Icon=xmonad.png
Type=XSession

==> /usr/share/applications/xmonad.start.desktop <==
[Desktop Entry]
Type=Application
Name=Xmonad
Exec=/usr/local/bin/xmonad.start