[xmonad] Issue 608 in xmonad: EZConfig `exchangeKeys` function

codesite-noreply at google.com codesite-noreply at google.com
Mon Jun 22 23:00:02 UTC 2015

Owner: ----

New issue 608 by Ephro... at gmail.com: EZConfig `exchangeKeys` function
https://code.google.com/p/xmonad/issues/detail?id=608

There should be an exchangeKeys function to swap two keys without needing
to copy their implementation.

Here is my try of an implementation, but I couldn’t get it working, it
compiles but nothing happens. Probably a simple logical error.

exchangeKeys :: XConfig a -> ((KeyMask, KeySym), (KeyMask, KeySym)) ->
XConfig a
exchangeKeys conf (map, map') =
   conf { keys = \cnf ->
             let
               -- fwd = M.findWithDefault $ pure ()
               fwd map keys = keys M.! map
               oldKeys = keys conf cnf
               (com, com') = (fwd map oldKeys, fwd map' oldKeys)
             in
              M.insert map com' $ M.insert map' com oldKeys
        }

There should be `exchangeKeysP`, too.