[xmonad] Two patches related to XMonad.Prompt

Peter Jones mlists at pmade.com
Tue Jul 14 16:09:26 UTC 2015

Norbert Zeh <nzeh at cs.dal.ca> writes:
> On Mon, Mar 16, 2015 at 11:59 AM Peter Jones wrote:
>
>> Norbert Zeh <nzeh at cs.dal.ca> writes:
>> > I really got used to using emacs ido mode, which offers a pretty powerful
>> > and intuitive fuzzy matching of completions, so I wanted to port the same
>> > to XMonad.Prompt.
>>
>> I've wanted this for a long time, can't wait to try it out.  Thanks!
> Excellent.  Once you get to try it out, any feedback on how to improve the
> sorting, if any, would be appreciated.  It took me some tries to come up
> with the current version, which I am pretty happy with as far as matching
> my sorting expectations goes, but that doesn't mean that there aren't more
> intuitive criteria for sorting.  In the end, of course, it's all heuristic
> anyway.

I've been playing with your fuzzy matching for about a week now.  I
really, really like it.

The only issue I have is that I can't seem to get tab completion to
work.  For simple prompts I can just press enter once the item I want is
selected.  But for more complicated menus, such as the shell menu, I
want to be able to press tab and have the current item expanded so I can
start entering arguments.  This doesn't seem to work.

I've also noticed that if I have fuzzy matching turned on in the shell
prompt and start to complete a file path it crashes the prompt and I
have to restart xmonad to remove the X window that the prompt created.

--
Peter Jones, Founder, Devalot.com
Defending the honor of good code