[xmonad] New hook to set a distinct wallpaper per workspace, please add to xmonad-contrib

Anton Pirogov anton.pirogov at gmail.com
Sat Feb 28 16:34:01 UTC 2015

Hi,

I am new on the list so I hope I do this correctly...

I have written a log hook to set wallpapers. The special thing here is,
that you can assign a wallpaper (or a set to be chosen randomly from) to
each workspace, so when you have workspace A on screen 1 and B on screen 2,
you see the according images on these screens and if you swap the
workspaces, the wallpapers get swapped too. Wallpapers are always applied
scaled and it detects vertical screens and rotates images accordingly (so
any wallpaper will be rendered on any screen in a sane way).

This hook has been tested by me for over a year already and has not failed
me, so I decided to show it to the public, I hope this is worth being
integrated into xmonad-contrib.

Best regards,
Anton Pirogov