[xmonad] Vanilla Xmonad distribution

Tamas Papp tkpapp at gmail.com
Tue Feb 24 09:59:56 UTC 2015

Hi Alexander,

I am using Debian/unstable, and it works fine. Here is what I would
suggest:

1. Install xmonad using cabal, with all the flags. Install the -dev
libraries whenever it complains it is missing something and try again.

2. Start XFCE with the following .xsession file:

xsetroot -cursor_name left_ptr
/usr/lib/policykit-1-gnome/polkit-gnome-authentication-agent-1 &
exec startxfce4 --with-ck-launch

3. start

xmonad --replace

from XFCE (session/app autostart or something like this).

4. start xmobar from there also.

Hope this helps,

Tamas