[xmonad] Code Freeze for v0.12 and Time to Test!

Peter Jones mlists at pmade.com
Fri Dec 11 18:30:49 UTC 2015

Except for bug fixes, I'd like to call for a freeze on commits to the
xmonad and xmonad-contrib repositories until we get a release out.

At this point I think we have everything we need in place.  Let's take
advantage of the weekend and let as many people as possible test 0.12.
Then on Monday I'll open pull requests from my repos and we can tag and
release.

For reference, the following repositories have the latest changes plus
all of my documentation updates:

  https://github.com/pjones/xmonad/tree/release-0.12

  https://github.com/pjones/xmonad-contrib/tree/release-0.12

I also put together a stand-alone repository to help me test xmonad and
xmonad-contrib using GHC 7.10.2, 7.8.4, and 7.6.3.  (We should plan on
making another release in January to cover 7.10.3.)

My testing repository can be found at:

  https://github.com/pjones/xmonad-test/tree/release-0.12

So, please go forth and read the docs and compile the code!

--
Peter Jones, Founder, Devalot.com
Defending the honor of good code