[xmonad] Preparing for v0.12 Release

Peter Jones mlists at pmade.com
Wed Dec 9 00:11:40 UTC 2015

adam vogt <vogt.adam at gmail.com> writes:
> It seems like CHANGES.md is a slightly less detailed version of
> https://wiki.haskell.org/Xmonad/Notable_changes_since_0.11 . Probably they
> could reference each other, if they both should continue to exist.

It probably doesn't make a lot of sense for both to exist.  I personally
prefer CHANGES.md since:

  1) Hackage will show the file, and Hackage seems like a great place to
     display a list of changes

  2) Being part of the repository, we could ask everyone to make
     appropriate updates to the CHANGES.md file with each pull
     request/patch

That said, I'm open to other ideas.  I'll incorporate details from the
wiki into CHANGES.md file for now, assuming that the wiki version is
going to die.

--
Peter Jones, Founder, Devalot.com
Defending the honor of good code