[xmonad] xmonad with emacs

Steve Quezadas steve at thestever.net
Fri Apr 17 15:53:28 UTC 2015

Ok, I found out the conflict that I thought was attributable to xmonad.
As a reminder, "control-space" is a keybinding under emacs for the
set-mark-command feature which allows a user to select text. For some
reason, control-space wasn't working when emacs was under x-monad, but
was working when it was using Ubuntu unity.

Actually, the conflict over the keybinding happened with ibus. ibus
somehow maps control-space and prevents emacs from using that key
command. When I disabled ibus, the problem stopped. so it wasn't
xmonad's fault.

I am putting this on the maillist just in case other people have this
problem, they can look it up through keywords or whatever.

- Steve

PS I really LOVE x-monad. It's so much more efficient with larger
monitors. Keep up the good work guys!