[xmonad] Issue 602 in xmonad: xmonad hangs when clickJustFocuses = False and the user clicks outside of the focused window while a submap is active.

codesite-noreply at google.com codesite-noreply at google.com
Thu Apr 16 13:11:16 UTC 2015

Owner: ----

New issue 602 by untfu... at gmail.com: xmonad hangs when clickJustFocuses =
False and the user clicks outside of the focused window while a submap is
active.
https://code.google.com/p/xmonad/issues/detail?id=602

What steps will reproduce the problem?
1. Set clickJustFocuses = False
2. Activate a submap or submapDefault (XMonad.Actions.Submap)
3. Click outside of the currently focused window.

What is the expected output?

I'm not sure if expected output is defined, but when clickJustFocuses =
True, any clicks are ignored until after the submap is exited, after which
the focus is brought to the most recently clicked window.

Ideally, one might be able to specify that a click aborts the submap,
instead, or to specify a submap action resulting from a click.

What do you see instead?

XMonad hangs irrecoverably.  Keybindings and clicks have no effect
whatsoever.  Any programs active in the background (e.g. music) continue as
without user input.

Please use labels and text to provide additional information.

I have attached a minimal xfce config (I have not tested this outside of
xfce) that reproduces the error.

The steps for reproducing are:

1. Mod+l (activates testSubmap)

2. Click outside of the currently focused window

Remarks: the error also occurs if testSubmap is made into an empty map.

Attachments:
	xfce_xmonad.hs  1.1 KB