[xmonad] xmonad: xmonad-extras 0.12 fails to build

Dave Macias davama at gmail.com
Fri Apr 10 03:55:09 UTC 2015

Thanks for responding Brent.

Not very good at haskell myself.
Im looking at the XMonad.Actions.Volume and there i find:

infixl 1 <*
(<*) :: Monad m => m a -> m b -> m a
pa <* pb = pa >>= \a -> pb >> return a

I'm assuming this is what you were referring to for solution (1). I've
 been trying to play with it but i get mixed errors when building, how do i
rename?
Here is the code just in case im looking at it wrong:
https://hackage.haskell.org/package/xmonad-extras-0.12/src/XMonad/Actions/Volume.hs

I also plan to email the maintainer, but i would like to have this work for
educational purposes.

Thanks,
Dave