[xmonad] Message passing between instances

Chris Bell cwbell at mail.usf.edu
Tue Apr 7 21:08:41 UTC 2015

On Tue, Apr 7, 2015 at 4:05 PM, Brandon Allbery <allbery.b at gmail.com> wrote:
> XMonad.Hooks.ServerMode is a proof-of-concept that needs some work to be
> practical
Fantastic, thanks! I don't mind impractical; as long as it's not
impossible. The 'quit-wm' function seems to work well enough as-is in
my brief testing. At the moment, I'm only using simple commands, so
hopefully it should prove 'practical enough'.

> xscreensaver has a remote-control protocol of sorts already;
Thanks for the heads up. I completely missed the `-display host:disp`
argument: that should do exactly what I want.

Thanks again for the help!

Chris Bell

Ph.D. Candidate, Teaching Assistant, Gentleman, Scholar, Penguin Wrangler
University of South Florida
College of Engineering
NarMOS Research Team, Official Daemon Charmer