[xmonad] Issue 577 in xmonad: Add new master pane client count control command

codesite-noreply at google.com codesite-noreply at google.com
Tue Sep 23 14:26:48 UTC 2014

Owner: ----

New issue 577 by m... at mired.org: Add new master pane client count control
command
https://code.google.com/p/xmonad/issues/detail?id=577

What steps will reproduce the problem?
1. Follow my usage for a while.
2. Note that I often send "IncMasterN" instead of "DecMasterN" by accident.
3. Also note that I pretty much never have more than two clients in the
master pane.

I expect to not reach unused configurations by accident. I expect the WM to
allow a configuration that prevents that.

What version of the product are you using? On what operating system? 0.11
on FreeBSD 10.

Are you using an xmonad.hs?  Please attach it and the output of "xmonad
--recompile".
Not completely relevant.

The attached patch file adds a new Message type to the Tall layout (I
didn't see where it should be added to other layouts). The message is
called "SplitMaster", and has no arguments. It fixes the first issue by
setting the client count to the master pane to 1 if it's not currently 1,
thus providing a quick way to get back to that setting. It solves the
second issue by changing the client count for the master pane to 2 if it's
currently 1, effectively making it a toggle between the two modes of a
split master pane and an unsplit master pane.

Attachments:
	xmd  3.7 KB