[xmonad] task bar

Brandon Allbery allbery.b at gmail.com
Sun Oct 12 12:56:41 UTC 2014

On Sun, Oct 12, 2014 at 2:38 AM, Alain Bertrand <alainbe at free.fr> wrote:

> I have still a question. If I start xmonad and then after xmobar, I got
> for a little time the situation described in the screenshot (xmobar uses
> the top of the screen right of the  window title) but soon it is updated
> and the title of the windows goes under xmobar.
> Would-it be possible to get this situation permanently ?

Looks to me like you missed manageDocks in your ManageHook? This will also
lead to other unexpected behaviors. In fact you aren't even hooking in the
ManageHook you did define, which is why your doShift-s have no effect.

    main =
      xmonad azertyConfig {
         layoutHook = avoidStruts myL
        ,workspaces = myWorkspaces
        ,manageHook = manageDocks <+> myManageHook
      }