[xmonad] task bar

Alain Bertrand alainbe at free.fr
Sun Oct 12 06:38:54 UTC 2014

Le 11/10/2014 21:46, Brandon Allbery a écrit :
> On Sat, Oct 11, 2014 at 3:41 PM, Alain Bertrand <alainbe at free.fr> wrote:
>
>> Actually, I have just checked how fbpanel behaves with openbox and though
>> it works as it should, I got the same message
>>
>> can't chdir to /usr/share/openbox
>>
> Yep, that was where I was leading with the comment about strange
> assumptions; it sees that there is an EWMH support window with the name
> "xmonad" or "openbox" and goes looking for window manager configuration in
> a standard location. This probably only works right with desktop
> environments, not standalone window managers.

Xfce-panel works correctly with xmonad and displays the ibus status
applet but is really ugly when set vertically. I'll stick with xmobar
except when I really need this applet.

I have still a question. If I start xmonad and then after xmobar, I got
for a little time the situation described in the screenshot (xmobar uses
the top of the screen right of the  window title) but soon it is updated
and the title of the windows goes under xmobar.
Would-it be possible to get this situation permanently ?

TIA

Alain