[xmonad] task bar

Alain Bertrand alainbe at free.fr
Sat Oct 11 18:59:54 UTC 2014

Hello Mark,

Thanks for your answer.
Here is my xmonad.hs file :

  import XMonad
  import XMonad.Layout.NoFrillsDecoration
  import XMonad.Config.Azerty
  import XMonad.Hooks.DynamicLog
  import XMonad.Hooks.ManageDocks

  myWorkspaces =
["1:web","2:japonais","3:cours","4:programmation","5:divers","6:il2"]
  myManageHook = composeAll
       [ className =? "Firefox" --> doShift "1:web"
       , className =? "Thunderbird" --> doShift "1:web"
       ]
  myL = simpleDeco shrinkText defaultTheme (layoutHook defaultConfig)
  main = do
  xmonad azertyConfig {
  layoutHook = avoidStruts $ myL
  ,workspaces = myWorkspaces
  }

I thought that adding avoidStruts to my layout would allow me to run
fbpanel but no. If I launch it on a terminal, I get :
can't chdir to /usr/share/xmonad
What should I add to my config ?

By the way, why the
  [ className =? "Firefox" --> doShift "1:web"
       , className =? "Thunderbird" --> doShift "1:web"
       ]
send Firefox and Thunderbird on the *second* workspace (alt-2) instead
of the first one?

TIA

Alain