[xmonad] Fwd: Patch to add new Layout message

Christian Wills cwills.dev at gmail.com
Thu Oct 2 03:10:04 UTC 2014

On Wed, Oct 1, 2014 at 11:00 PM, Brandon Allbery <allbery.b at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 1, 2014 at 10:55 PM, Christian Wills <cwills.dev at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> instance ExtensionClass MasterPaneFlag where
>>     initialValue = MasterPaneFlag False
>>
>> pickIncrFun :: Bool -> X ()
>> pickIncrFun flag = if flag then (sendMessage (IncMasterN (-1))) else
>> (sendMessage (IncMasterN 1))
>>

> You might want to check the behavior of this around manual changes (mod-,
> and mod-.). It should at least be safe against mod-shift-space and manual
> setLayout, I think.

Right. If you change the master count manually with mod-, and mod-. this
will toggle +/- 1 from your manually set master count depending on what the
state was when you changed the master count manually. I don't find that to
be totally off the wall given the spirit of not wanting to have to use
mod-, and mod-.

You could always IncMasterN(-100000) to bring it back to zero and then add
1 or leave it alone depending on the flag setting if you really wanted to.