[xmonad] Fwd: Patch to add new Layout message

Brandon Allbery allbery.b at gmail.com
Wed Oct 1 22:16:20 UTC 2014

On Wed, Oct 1, 2014 at 6:10 PM, Mike Meyer <mwm at mired.org> wrote:

> Is there some way to have a configuration with two sets of layouts to
> toggle between? that would certainly do the trick. While I can see how to
> do that, I'm not sure it's in general a good idea and so suspect it's not
> there.

I don't recall one pre-existing offhand, but there is certainly no reason
you couldn't. For example, copy (XMonad.Layout.|||) and substitute your own
message for NextLayout. Use it to combine layout groups; now mod-space
moves within a layout group and a binding to send your new message cycles
between layout groups.