[xmonad] Issue 581 in xmonad: The WM fails to adapt to non-default visuals (32-bit ARGB visual in the case).

codesite-noreply at google.com codesite-noreply at google.com
Wed Nov 26 16:25:08 UTC 2014

Owner: ----

New issue 581 by ptr... at gmail.com: The WM fails to adapt to non-default
visuals (32-bit ARGB visual in the case).
https://code.google.com/p/xmonad/issues/detail?id=581

What steps will reproduce the problem?
1. Get Xmonad
2. Get Termite (V9 or higher) from Github/your repositories
    Github: https://github.com/thestinger/termite
    (To build it, also make sure to check out the utils directory)
3. Get Compton (any release should do)
4. run Xmonad, default config is fine. To get a better idea of the bug, a
bigger window border might be useful.
5. run Compton (with -e to make sure window borders are drawn solid):
compton --config /dev/null -e 1.0
6. run termite

Expected: you get a termite window and a solid window frame.
You get: A non-solid, semi-transparent window frame

I am using Xmonad, compton and termite on Arch Linux, from their repos.

Are you using an xmonad.hs?  Please attach it and the output of "xmonad
--recompile".

Nope, nothing special needed here.

I already reported the bug to compton/termite. They blame Xmonad to be
unable to handle non-default visuals. The same bug was found in dwm, a fix
is already done.

The whole discussion is here:
https://github.com/chjj/compton/issues/240#issuecomment-62245919

Cheers,