[xmonad] Startup Arguments

Ben Boeckel mathstuf at gmail.com
Tue Nov 18 02:51:30 UTC 2014

[ Sorry for the necro; finally catching up on mailing lists after a long
  break from them. ]

On Wed, 08 Oct, 2014 at 18:49:50 GMT, Hubert Chathi wrote:
> Are there any examples available of how it's used?

I use it in my setup extensively. My xmonad.hs is:

    http://paste.fedoraproject.org/151630/62785441/

Everything related to it is from lines 515 to 566 (I won't deny that my
xmonad.hs might be a little over-engineered). My xmobarrc uses the
%_XMONAD_LOG% expansion which is provided by a command in the argument
list (-C) to each invocation. It also uses xmonadpropwrite rather than
pipes to xmobar so that xmobar can be restarted independently of xmonad.

I have seen issues with instances not always starting on all the
monitors, but it's very sporadic (even on my triple monitor setup at
work) that I haven't taken the time to track it down.

--Ben