[xmonad] Issue 580 in xmonad: WIndows using OpenGL don't resize properly when partially offscreen

codesite-noreply at google.com codesite-noreply at google.com
Wed Nov 5 23:27:43 UTC 2014

Owner: ----

New issue 580 by StevensE... at gmail.com: WIndows using OpenGL don't resize
properly when partially offscreen
https://code.google.com/p/xmonad/issues/detail?id=580

What steps will reproduce the problem?
1. Start a program that uses OpenGL such as glxgears
2. Drag the program window partially off the top of the screen
3. Resize the window to be longer vertically

I expect to see the window expand to fill the new space. Instead I see a
blank black space in that area (for glxgears, for my own personal program
at https://gitorious.org/linted/linted I see old and stale data from what
was last drawn there by other programs.)

$ xmonad --version
xmonad 0.11

$ uname -a
Linux proteus 3.17.2-gnu #1 SMP Thu Oct 30 19:27:36 UTC 2014 x86_64 x86_64
x86_64 GNU/Linux

I'm using Trisquel 7 from trisquel.info and the Linux-Libre kernel from
http://www.fsfla.org/ikiwiki/selibre/linux-libre/

Are you using an xmonad.hs?  Please attach it and the output of "xmonad
--recompile".

xmonad --recompile gives no errors or warnings. My xmonad.hs is attached.

Two pictures of the bug are provided.

Attachments:
	xmonad.hs  1.9 KB
	Screenshot from 2014-11-05 15:18:57.png  26.6 KB
	Screenshot from 2014-11-05 15:19:28.png  107 KB