[xmonad] insertPosition and floating windows

Eyal Erez oneself at gmail.com
Wed Mar 19 22:29:54 UTC 2014

Hi,

I would like to have new windows leave the current window in place.  I can
achieve this with:

manageHook = insertPosition Below Newer <+> composeAll myManageHook

However, this causes some floating windows (e.g. vlc open file dialog) to
flicker like crazy.  I found the following post which claims this is an
issue with composeAll, but I am a Haskell newb and don't know enough to
figure out what this means.

Could someone please help me figure this out?

Thank you,

--
*Eyal Erez <**oneself at gmail.com* <oneself at gmail.com>*>*

There are 10 types of people, those who know binary and those who don't.