[xmonad] Issue 200 in xmonad: xmonad spins in a tight loop changing focus back and forth

codesite-noreply at google.com codesite-noreply at google.com
Wed Mar 5 13:50:32 UTC 2014

Comment #26 on issue 200 by nicolas.... at b2ck.com: xmonad spins in a tight
loop changing focus back and forth

Hello, I'd like to add my comment on this bug because it also affects me.

It usually happens with firefox but it can also happens with urxvt.
I have tried the EWMH solution without much success. Since firefox is
launched on a workspace that is configured with noBorders I did not try the
0-border size solution.

The bug manifest itself by spinning between two windows, I break this loop
by pressing again the key combination to switch to another window. Then in
that case sometimes the focus is on the displayed window (I am using a
Tabbed Simplest layout) sometimes on the other window. One way I have found
to reset everything to the normal state is to create a new firefox window
and then closing it.

I am using xmonad 0.11 on a debian sid box (all packages comes from the
standard repository). I have attached my xmonad.hs configuration ...

Let me know if I can be of any help.

Attachments:
	xmonad.hs  3.8 KB