[xmonad] Leak... somewhere... I periodically restart xmonad to recover gobs of swap space

Brandon Allbery allbery.b at gmail.com
Mon Jan 13 19:08:25 UTC 2014

On Mon, Jan 13, 2014 at 1:45 PM, Michael Witten <mfwitten at gmail.com> wrote:

> After a while (say, a month) of normal activity, my swap space becomes
> almost entirely eaten up; the problem can be solved by restarting xmonad
> (`mod-q').
>
> The problem could well be `xmobar' or `X' itself.

X11 seems unlikely. Memory leaks *are* possible (but unlikely) depending on
what you have in your xmonad.hs.

(For what it's worth, xmonad isn't even visible on my machine if I sort top
by virtual process size. But it's only been running for a couple days
thanks to system updates. I don't use xmobar since I run xmonad under xfce.)