[xmonad] Trouble getting taffybar running

Erik de Castro Lopo mle+hs at mega-nerd.com
Fri Jan 10 20:58:21 UTC 2014

Hi all,

I've just cabal installed it, created ~/.config/taffybar/taffybar.hs
(from taffybar.hs.example in the git repo) but when I run taffybar it says :

    Error occurred while loading configuration file

When I load the config into ghci it loads without a single warning or
error.

I'm running it from an xterm within an already running xmonad session
that doesn't have any other panel of any sort.

Where do the taffybar compile error messages go?

Any clues?

Cheers,
Erik