[xmonad] Adding side tabs to XMonad.Layout.Tabbed

Arjun Comar nrujac at gmail.com
Mon Feb 17 23:32:11 UTC 2014

Hi Daniel,
I can confirm that existing configs shouldn't break unless the user has
behavior that operates on TabbarLocation (which seems weird, that kind of
stuff really belongs in XMonad.Layout.Tabbed). If they *do* have that kind
of behavior, they'll need to update their pattern matching to handle the
LeftS/RightS cases.

The naming is weird, but it's to prevent conflicts with Either. I was going
for a Leftside/Rightside mnemonic. I actually like Adam's idea of just
using Direction2D. That should also not break user configs since the
interface functions don't ask for Top/Bottom/etc. and instead have separate
functions for each task.

Thanks,
Arjun