[xmonad] Xmonad + KDE4: a possible bug?

scolfield kscolfield at gmail.com
Sat Feb 15 17:51:42 UTC 2014

Hi,

I've recently installed the newest KDE4 version on my Gentoo and I
configured Xmonad according to
http://www.haskell.org/haskellwiki/Xmonad/Using_xmonad_in_KDE. There is an
strange behaviour. Actually, the xmonad doens't run when KDE starts and any
error is reported. KDE starts normally but the window tilling feature of
Xmonad doesn't.

My .xinitrc contains a single line with "exec startkde" command. And, my
/etc/conf.d/xdm file contains "DISPLAYMANAGER=kdm". Moreover, i created and
edited set_window_manager.sh file with "export KDEWM=/usr/bin" in
~/.kde4/env directory. I checked and the xmonad is, in fact, in
/usr/bindirectory.

I also mention that, I've alread installed following the same tutorial from
the link above on my old computer once. And that time, everything went
well. No issues.

I've been wondering if I'm missing some configuration. Could you please
tell me what's happening?

Best regards,
Scolfield
.