[xmonad] XMonad inside Virtualbox inside XMonad

Jacek Generowicz jacek.generowicz at cern.ch
Sat Feb 8 11:37:01 UTC 2014

Hi,

Somehow XMonad and Virtualbox beetween them conspire to prevent the key
I use as my XMonad modifier to be passed on to the guest OS (even when
Virtualbox' key capture prevents the host's XMonad from seeing it). I
have checked this by running xev in both host and guest and comparing
what they see: all other modifier keys I can think of, get through to
the guest except for the XMonad modifier. Obviously this makes it
impossible to use XMonad sensibly in the guest.

Any ideas about how to get around this problem?

Thanks.