[xmonad] xmodmap stopped working normally all of a sudden

jenia.ivlev jenia.ivlev at gmail.com
Fri Dec 26 16:39:14 UTC 2014

Hello.

I used to have this xmodmap config:

    remove Control = Control_R
    keysym Menu = Control_R
    keysym Control_R = Super_L
    add Control = Control_R

    remove Lock = Caps_Lock
    remove Control = Control_L
    keysym Control_L = Caps_Lock
    keysym Caps_Lock = Control_L
    add Lock = Caps_Lock
    add Control = Control_L

It used to work perfectly and it still works in LXDE.
So, it must be that something changed in xmonad recently.

The error I'm getting is that the "Menu key... its a non existant key".
When I used `xev` and press the Menu key it tells me "keycode 135,
Menu".
So I'm wondering maybe xmonad somehow remaned this key to be Mod_R or
something?
I tried that actually, didnt seem to work.

So my question is, how do I swtich the Right-Control and the Menu keys
around?

Also as I side note, started xmonad treats the Menu key as Mod key, but the
applications still treat it as the Menu key. So when you press it - lets
say you press "Mod_Right-1" this will do two things:
1. It will open a Menu in the current app.
2. It will switch to the desktop 2.

So to reiterate, I need to switch the Mod_Right with Control_Right.
And if possible, to completly remove the Menu key. Normally I achived
this doing the following:

    remove Control = Control_R
    keysym Menu = Control_R
    keysym Control_R = Super_L
    add Control = Control_R

Doesnt work anymore.

Thanks in advance for your kind help and time.
Jenia