[xmonad] How to start xmonad with lxde?

Brandon Allbery allbery.b at gmail.com
Fri Dec 26 02:10:25 UTC 2014

On Thu, Dec 25, 2014 at 9:06 PM, Brandon Allbery <allbery.b at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Thu, Dec 25, 2014 at 3:28 PM, Alain Bertrand <alainbe at free.fr> wrote:
>
>> Thanks for your advice. I went to the xmonad wiki and modified my
>> xmonad.hs accordingly.
>> As you said, shellPrompt is really great but the following xmonad.hs
>> makes my French keyboard unusable.
>> Any advice ?
>>

> Replace 'keys defaultConfig' with 'keys azertyConfig'.

You can also, by the way, combine the two record updates (I didn't even
know you could chain them that way).

main=do
   xmonad azertyConfig
     {
     layoutHook=avoidStruts $ layoutHook defaultConfig
     , manageHook=manageHook defaultConfig <+> manageDocks
     , keys = myKeys <+> keys azertyConfig
     }

Also, for what it's worth, I have a global binding like

    baseConfig = azertyConfig

and then use baseConfig for those field lookups (e.g. `keys baseConfig`),
so it's easy to switch everything to a different config just by changing
the baseConfig binding.