[xmonad] How to start xmonad with lxde?

Carsten Mattner carstenmattner at gmail.com
Thu Dec 25 16:35:52 UTC 2014

On Thu, Dec 25, 2014 at 5:31 PM, Brandon Allbery <allbery.b at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 25, 2014 at 11:26 AM, Carsten Mattner <carstenmattner at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> Let's change the config then, seriously it works better and is
>> faster for me compared to dmenu_run and does not require
>> the extra tool to begin with.
>

> But it does require xmonad-contrib to be installed; the core deliberately
> does not depend on xmonad-contrib, and I suspect getting XMonad.Prompt
> merged to core will be something of a battle.

While true, I think everybody installs xmonad-contrib and that means example
configurations should be updated to use shellPrompt instead.

Which example configs are in core and are you sure none of them rely
on xmonad-contrib?

shellPrompt seems to be invisible to most XMonad users and that's
very unfortunate to say the least.