[xmonad] How to make the menu key your mod key too?

jenia.ivlev jenia.ivlev at gmail.com
Wed Dec 24 19:30:53 UTC 2014

Hello.

I set my mod key to be the "super" key. This setup needs two very
precise and small additional features:

1. I'm really used to using the alt-tab for window switching. How
can I set alt-tab to work for switching windows like before? Just to reiterate, even though
I set mob to be "super key" before, I would like alt-tab to work
as usual, like in vanilla xmonad.

2. And two, I would like there to be a mod key on the right side of the
keyboard too. So I decided to use the "menu key" for that.
How do I map my "menu key" to be mod too?

I'm wondering if someone has done this or knows how to do it.

Thanks very much in advnace for your kind help and concern.
jenia

This is my config file:

import XMonad
import XMonad.Hooks.DynamicLog

main = xmonad =<< statusBar cmd pp kb conf
  where
    cmd = "xmobar"
    pp = xmobarPP
    kb (XConfig {XMonad.modMask = modMask}) = (modMask, xK_b)
    conf = myConfig

myConfig = defaultConfig { borderWidth = 2
	                 , terminal = "urxvt"
			 , modMask = mod4Mask
                         }