[xmonad] [xmonad-contrib] XMonad.Prompt.Pass patch

Joachim Breitner mail at joachim-breitner.de
Thu Dec 18 22:25:51 UTC 2014

Dear ardumont,

I started using pass and was about to implement a prompt on my own when
I noticed that you already did something in that direction. But from
reading the code, I have a some worries:

I’d expect the
        getPasswords :: String -> IO [String]
        getPasswords passwordStoreDir = liftM (map takeBaseName) $ getDirectoryContents passwordStoreDir
to break if the passwords are stored in subdirectories. I believe you
need to recursively traverse the directory.

It would be cleaner if you could simply ask pass for the list of
passwords, but that does not seem to be possible. Maybe you should
contact the author and suggest a new parameter to "pass list" that would
change the output to be a simple list, instead of the tree output.

Also, code like
selectPassword passLabel = spawn $ "pass --clip " ++ passLabel
could be a problem if the password label contains shell characters.
You probably want to use safeSpawn from XMonad.Util.Run.

Greetings,
Joachim

--
Joachim “nomeata” Breitner