[xmonad] Issue 576 in xmonad: On FreeBSD Xmonad loses first hotkey sometimes

codesite-noreply at google.com codesite-noreply at google.com
Fri Aug 8 08:56:35 UTC 2014

Comment #1 on issue 576 by martin.s... at gmail.com: On FreeBSD Xmonad loses
first hotkey sometimes

I forgot something essential:

This is only noticeable when trying to open a terminal. I don't notice this
buggy behavior when doing something else (switching workspaces, focus,
shifting windows etc). That means, everything else works on first press of
a hotkey.

It has to be something very special about how Xmonad sends Mod+Shift+Return
and when a terminal application is to be opened.

It does not depend on which Mod key I use (reproducible with Mod1 and Mod4)
and it does not depend on which terminal application I use. It also does
not depend whether a terminal application is in focus or not. Sometimes I
use Firefox or something else and the hotkey for the terminal is lost.

I have really no idea how to diagnose it further.