[xmonad] DynamicWorkspaceGroups persistent after reboot?

Brent Yorgey byorgey at seas.upenn.edu
Mon Apr 28 14:38:54 UTC 2014

On Thu, Apr 10, 2014 at 07:35:41PM +0200, Alexis de BRUYN wrote:
> On 09.04.2014 21:09, Brent Yorgey wrote:
> >
> > The following function should achieve what you want:
> >
> >   import qualified Data.Map                    as M
> >   import qualified XMonad.Util.ExtensibleState as XS
> >
> >   addWSGroup' :: WSGroupId -> [(ScreenId, WorkspaceId)] -> X ()
> >   addWSGroup' name = XS.modify . withWSG . M.insert name
>
> I have got the following error:
> xmonad.hs:27:32: Not in scope: `withWSG'

Sorry for that, withWSG was not exported.  I have just pushed a patch
adding a new function

  addRawWSGroup

which is defined in the same way as the addWSGroup' I suggested
above.  I have tested it and it seems to work.  So now you can call it
from your startup hook like so:

  myStartupHook = do
    addRawWSGroup "g1" [(S 0, "1"), (S 1, "2"), (S 2, "3")]
    ... etc.

To use it you will have to obtain the latest darcs version of
xmonad-contrib, like so:

  darcs get http://code.haskell.org/XMonadContrib
  cd XMonadContrib
  cabal install

The darcs version is quite stable so you should have no problems
upgrading to it.

-Brent