[xmonad] DynamicWorkspaceGroups persistent after reboot?

Tue Apr 8 14:48:12 UTC 2014

On 07.04.2014 19:00, Brent Yorgey wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 29, 2014 at 02:36:31PM +0100, Alexis de BRUYN wrote:
>> Hi Everybody,
>>
>> Is there a way make the WSGroup persistent after reboot with
>> XMonad.Actions.DynamicWorkspaceGroups?
>>
>> Can we define statically the WSGroup? With addWSGroup?
>
> Hi Alexis,
Hi Brent,

> Apologies for the delay in responding.  Yes, to statically define some
No problem.

> WSGroups it should suffice to put some calls to addWSGroup in your
> startupHook.  Let me know if you have any trouble.
Actually I can set my Groups with addWSGroup in my startupHook, but only
a group is created if the workspaces are displayed on screens.

eg :
myWorkspaces = ["1", "2", "3", "4", "5", "6"]

myStartupHook = do
                addWSGroup "g1" ["1", "2", "3"]
                addWSGroup "g2" ["4", "5", "6"]

After restarting xmonad, only g1 is created (and "1", "2" & "3" are
displayed as usual).

How can I do to have all my WSGroup created?

Regards,

--
Alexis de BRUYN